THINK, INNOVATE AND CREATE
23-24 September 2017, Zagreb
Get ready to discover new ways of banking!
Join Novathon #withPBZ, a 24-hour innovative marathon to create cutting-edge applications for responsive, mobile and branch banking!
If you are a web designer, a developer, a marketing specialist or a university student in a related field, it’s your time to set free your creative spirit and help us kick-starting the development of new banking solutions!
Form teams, collaborate with recognized mentors and present your invention to acknowledges judges who will award the most promising ideas with great prizes.
Stay tuned and check back here often not to miss any new information about the event!
Be sure to register early and take your chance to participate!
Second Place: 37.000 HRK
(offered by Generali osiguranje d.d.)
Third Place: 15.000 HRK
More information about the prizes
The above mentioned amounts are gross of any tax, fee, contribution, levy, cost, duty, burden of any nature imposed to the winner, as well as to the awarding party in accordance with the applicable legislation.
Participation at Novathon #withPBZ is free, but spots are limited, so be quick to register!
Have a knack for solving challenges? Put yourself to the test in one of the topics below and help us creating a new killer application!
Are you in? Register and work on your bright ideas in a great team of like-minded people!
- Build appealing features which make payments fast, engaging and fun.
- Meet the needs of today’s sharing economy, via social media usage, producing Person 2 Person and Person 2 Group solutions for payments.
- Enhance the shopping experience by identifying possible one-stop-shop solutions that offer the same instant and efficient practice to the customers, regardless of whether they are online or on-site.
Digital Wealth Management
- Develop financial advisory models that can be introduced and become a significant part of digital channels.
- Build interesting and interactive features that can transform the investment area from plain numbers and titles into a comprehensive and engaging platform in order to improve the finances of customers.
- Create a unique and personalized digital experience based on the needs of affluent customers.
- Reinvent the branches with innovative digital features that offer the customers an easy and exciting experience, making the branch as fun and smart as the digital channels are.
- Help us creating and developing “signature” experiences and new sources of value for the customers that attend branches.
- Develop digital tools that can assist branch personnel in their everyday job.
- Develop bridge solutions between the physical and the virtual world of finances.
- Explore the world of video banking that can help customers performing transactions or completing a sales process.
- Automate processes by maintaining the human touch. Define the best mix between natural language processing, semantic search or knowledge base and propose a right blend between channels through which banks can manage customer interactions.
- Explore new ways of relationship with consumers, not only by offering standard products but also by delivering value at each step of the daily customer journey outside banking.
- Inspire banks using all relevant data to impact customer behavior through habit pattern analysis and therefore to deliver a personalized digital experience with appropriate and relevant offers/products.
- Reveal patterns that are relevant to customers and give them possibility to respond immediately through engaging actions.
Big financial data
- Rely on a prepared big data set to implement innovative features
- Use machine learning algorithms to offer a better user experience and better understanding of users' needs
- Produce stunning data visualizations to engage people and to better support business decision makers
Speakers and Mentors
They will join us to inspire you and to help you exploiting your full potential.
Special GuestChris Skinner
Chris Skinner is known as an independent commentator on the financial markets and fintech through his blog, the Finanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank and its new sequel ValueWeb. In his day job, he is Chair of the European networking forum: the Financial Services Club. He is on the Advisory Boards of many companies including Innovate Finance, Moven and Meniga, and has been voted one of the most influential people in banking and fintech.
Special GuestNenad Bakić
Nenad Bakić is a Croatian entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist, currently mostly focused on digital transformation in education – founder of IRIM, the leading organisation in introducing STEM education in the region. Mathematician, with careers in science, digital media, finance and human resources. Serial founder, with multiple successful exits. Companies he founded and still owns are the market leaders in their respective markets. As investor in public companies, he is the most prominent deep-value, long-term activist investor in Croatia.
Special GuestMatteo Rizzi
Matteo Rizzi has been actively engaged in the FinTech space for over 20 years. He knows how to bridge traditional banking with new or disruptive technologies, because he understands both. He is the founder of swiftcommunity.net and the Innotribe Startup Challenge and the co-founder of Innotribe and www.FinTechStage.com. For three years in a row (2014-2016), Financial News nominated Matteo as one of the “40 most influential FinTech executives in Europe” and Bank Innovation named him one of the “30 Innovators to watch shaping the industry” in 2014.
Head of Multichannel Office at Intesa Sanpaolo.
Maurice works at the crossroads of Intesa Sanpaolo foreign banks where business strategy, technology, consumer marketing and service design get together and he deals with defining the entire Banking Digital strategy and coordinating the implementation of multichannel projects across the International Subsidiary network of 10 countries. He collaborates with different Banking Innovation communities within European area.
Further speakers and mentors will be announced soon.
Innovation Center of Intesa Sanpaolo
In 2014 Intesa Sanpaolo, one of the top banking groups in the euro zone and the leader in Italy in all business areas, established the Innovation Center as a hub of its initiatives related to the open innovation sector and appointed Maurizio Montagnese, the Group’s Chief Innovation Officer. The Innovation Center collaborates with several international Incubator and Accelerator programs, based in London, Singapore, Tel Aviv, New York and in other countries that are focused on fintech and innovation topics. Furthermore, Intesa Sanpaolo supports innovative startups through its Venture Capital Funds.
Our speakers will be announced soon.
- 08:30 – 09:30 Registration
- 09:30 – 10:00 Welcome speech
Dinko Lucić (PBZ), Maurice Lisi (Intesa Sanpaolo)
- 10:00 – 11:00 Briefing
- 11:00 – 11:30 Team setup
- 11:30 Start coding
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Coding
- 16:00 – 16:30 Motivational speech*
- 18:00 – 18:30 Motivational speech
- 19:00 – 20:00 Dinner
- 20:00 – 20:30 Motivational speech*
- 22:00 – 22:30 Motivational speech*
- 00:00 – 00:30 Motivational speech*
- 01:00 – 02:00 Game competition
- 02:00 – 06:00 Night coding
- 06:00 – 06:30 Motivational speech*
- 08:00 – 08:30 Motivational speech*
- 08:30 – 09:00 Breakfast
- 10:00 – 10:45 Motivational speech
Matteo Rizzi (FinTechStage)
- 11:30 Stop coding
- 11:30 – 12:15 Motivational speech
Chris Skinner (The Finanser), Maurice Lisi (Intesa Sanpaolo)
- 12:15 – 14:00 Pitch presentations
- 14:00 – 15:00 Awards ceremony & Goodbye lunch
*Speaker will be announced soon.