THINK, INNOVATE AND CREATE
06-07 October 2018, Bratislava
Get ready to discover new ways of banking!
Join Novathon #withVÚB, a 24-hour innovative marathon to create cutting-edge applications for responsive, mobile and branch banking!
If you are a web designer, a developer, a marketing specialist or a university student in a related field, it’s your time to set free your creative spirit and help us kick-starting the development of new banking solutions!
Form teams, collaborate with recognized mentors and present your invention to acknowledges judges who will award the most promising ideas with great prizes.
Stay tuned and check back here often not to miss any new information about the event!
Be sure to register early and take your chance to participate!
The above mentioned amounts are gross of any tax, fee, contribution, levy, cost, duty, burden of any nature imposed to the winner, as well as to the awarding party in accordance with the applicable legislation.
Participation at Novathon #withVUB is free, but spots are limited, so be quick to register!
Have a knack for solving challenges? Put yourself to the test in one of the topics below and help us creating a new killer application!
Are you in? Register and work on your bright ideas in a great team of like-minded people!
AI for Banking
- Explore new ways of relationship with consumers, not only by offering standard products but also delivering value at each step of the daily customer journey outside banking.
- Inspire banks using all relevant data to impact customer behavior through habit pattern analysis therefore to deliver a personalized digital experience, providing appropriate and relevant offers/products.
Biometrics for Security
- Exploit the biometrics to provide an improved identification and authentication process in respect of the security and privacy requirements.
- Provide authorization tools based on biometrics to decrease the number of unauthorized and fraudulent transactions.
Hassle free experience
- Help us finding solutions that can be implemented cross devices, considering a seamless and impressive customer experience.
- Create a bridge between the physical and the virtual world through new solutions or ideas respecting a frictionless experience through the channels.
Open Banking & PSD2
- Use the possibilities that Open Banking & PSD2 give to the banks to create solutions that enable new customers’ acquisition.
- Help us creating and developing “signature” experiences in the sales area, taking advantage of the information that can be retrieved through Open Banking & PSD2.
Solutions for Legal Entities
- Provide smart, cutting-edge solutions that will help Legal Entities to manage their invoices and cash flows.
- Help us exploring and finding innovative ideas and functions that could help the legal entities in their everyday relation with the bank.
Personal Finance Management
- Provide Personal Financial Management models that can be introduced and become a significant part of digital channels.
- Build interesting and interactive features that can help customers in drawing a personal finance strategy based on their income.
They will join us to inspire you and to help you exploiting your full potential.
Named as one of the most influential people in banking and a top 5 Fintech influencer to follow, Jim Marous is an internationally recognized financial industry strategist, co-publisher of The Financial Brand and the owner and publisher of the Digital Banking Report. Marous advises on innovation, portfolio growth, customer experience, marketing strategies, channel distribution, payments and digital transformation within the financial services industry. As a sought after industry speaker, author and recognized authority on disruption in the financial services industry, Marous has been featured by CNBC, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, The Financial Times, The Economist, The American Banker, Accenture and Forbes and has spoken to audiences worldwide. Jim has also advised the White House on banking policy and is a regular contributor and guest host for the Breaking Banks radio show on Voice America. He can be followed on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Maurice works at the crossroads of Intesa Sanpaolo foreign banks where business strategy, technology, consumer marketing and service design get together and he deals with defining the entire Banking Digital strategy and coordinating the implementation of multichannel projects across the International Subsidiary network of 10 countries. He collaborates with different Banking Innovation communities within European area.
Further speakers and mentors will be announced soon.
- 08:30 – 09:30 Registration
- 09:30 – 10:00 Welcome speech
- 10:00 – 11:00 Briefing
- 11:00 – 11:30 Team setup
- 11:30 Start coding
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Coding
- 19:00 – 20:00 Dinner
- 01:00 – 02:00 Game competition
- 02:00 – 06:00 Night coding
- 08:30 – 09:00 Breakfast
- 11:30 Stop coding
- 11:30 – 12:15 Motivational speech
Jim Marous (The Financial Brand), Maurice Lisi (Intesa Sanpaolo)
- 12:15 – 14:00 Pitch presentations
- 14:00 – 15:00 Awards ceremony & Goodbye lunch