Novathon #withPBZ Regulation
Introduction and objectives of the contestPRIVREDNA BANKA ZAGREB d.d., OIB: 02535697732, Zagreb, Radnička cesta 50 ("PBZ"), a company belonging to Intesa Sanpaolo banking group, is organising an application development contest for responsive, mobile and branch banking services, in the form of a 24 hour non-stop marathon ("Novathon #withPBZ" or the "Contest") For the purposes of this regulation ("Regulation”), PBZ will be also referred to as the "Organiser”. Web designers, developers, marketing specialists and college/university students are invited to team-up and participate in creating, designing and building concepts, prototypes, web responsive, tools, IT solutions or interactive mock-ups of mobile device applications ("APP"). The main objective of Novathon #withPBZ is to sustain the culture of innovation in the area of digital banking, offering to the Participants (as defined below) the opportunity of sharing their knowledge.
Introduction and objectives of the contestNovathon #withPBZ will take place on 23 and 24 September 2017 at [Lauba, Baruna Filipovića 23a, 10000 Zagreb]. Should there be any impediments of technical, organisational or of any other nature, PBZ reserves the right to change the venue, the dates and/or the time of the Contest, giving notice, in due time, to all interested persons via the dedicated website, www.novathon.net (the "Website"). The exact program of the Contest will be communicated via the Website and will be also displayed at the Contest’s venue.
Eligible participants, registration, admission and participationNovathon #withPBZ is open to those interested in innovation and technology, in presenting an idea or an interesting project which will be developed in accordance with the provisions set out herein. The Contest targets working professionals and college/university students in the following fields:
- IT development;
- web design;
- In order to have the right to participate in Novathon #withPBZ, each applicant must register between 12:00 am of 1 May 2017 and 12:00 am of 8 Sep 2017 by filling in the online registration form available on the Website, providing all required personal data. The Organiser reserves the right to change the duration and deadlines of the registration period, in which case a specific announcement will be posted on the Website in due time.
- Participation in Novathon #withPBZ implies working in groups composed of minimum 3 and maximum 5 Participants – being Confirmed Applicants - (the "Team"). A maximum of 180 Participants will compete in the Contest. The Organiser reserves the right to change the maximum number of Participants in which case a specific announcement will be posted on the Website in due time. Upon reaching the maximum number of Participants, applicants can continue registering in the Waiting List. The Organiser, reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to confirm them as Participants, in a second moment.
- Each applicant will be entitled to indicate, during the registration phase, other member(s) he/she wants to team up with and topics he/she would like to deal with in the Contest, remaining in any case understood that the Organiser will evaluate the topic proposals and in its own discretion will decide whether to accept them or not.
- The Teams shall be multidisciplinary and contain at least 1 IT developer and 1 web designer; Teams will be assisted by mentors attributed by the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to team up each individual applicant.
- Each Team shall be identified by a name chosen by the respective Team members. The names chosen should in no way make any reference to companies, brands, trademarks, etc., nor should contain any expressions of violence, discrimination, obscenities and/or defamation, punishable, pursuant to this Regulation, with the exclusion of the respective Team from the Contest; the Organiser shall have no liability for the breach of this provision by any Team member and each Participant expressly authorises the Organiser to provide the holder(s) of any such violated intellectual property rights with his/her personal data, if requested by the latter. The jury (see Section 7 below) reserves the right to punish, at its absolute and sole discretion, the breach of this provision by any Team member with the exclusion of the respective Team from the Contest.
- Forgery, incompleteness or inaccuracy of the data provided during the registration phase, even if pertaining to a single Team member will trigger the automatic exclusion of the entire Team from the Contest.
- The composition of the Teams cannot be modified during the Contest, unless in the opinion of the Organiser there are grounded reasons for such modification.
- It is mandatory that all Participants be present at the awards ceremony, save for the cases of justifiable reasons.
- The Teams shall not present any APP previously submitted in other contests; furthermore, each Participant commits not to present or use in the Contest any other APP (whether registered or not) over which a third party has intellectual property rights and copyright. The Organiser shall have no liability for the breach of this provision by any Team member and each Participant expressly authorises the Organiser to provide the holder(s) of any such violated intellectual property and copyright with their personal data, if requested so by the latter. The jury reserves the right to punish, at its absolute and sole discretion, the breach of this provision by any Team member with the exclusion of the respective Team from the Contest. The Organiser does not assume any responsibility regarding (i) any potential inaccuracy of any information provided in relation to the Contest and (ii) any possible violation of rights of third persons that may be caused by participation or any action of the Participant in this competition; for the sake of clarity, in case of request of third parties to be compensated for any possible damage, the damage shall be borne by the Participant.
- By accepting this Regulation and by participating to the Contest, each Participant undertakes to: (i) use the Website, as well as any documents or equipment provided by the Organiser, for the entire duration of the Contest, with utmost care and diligence, (ii) keep confidential and not disclose any information acquired from the Organiser during the Contest, without any time limits and to fully comply with all the instructions given by the same in view of protecting the security of the acquired information, (iii) strictly observe and comply with all security and conduct regulations foreseen by the same and (iv) be liable for any direct damage and cost arising out as a result of or caused due to the breach thereof.
- Each Participant acknowledges that his/her participation in the Contest does not trigger any right to receive compensation, for any reason and with any title whatsoever and/or reimbursement of any expenses. For the avoidance of doubt, each applicant expressly acknowledges and accepts that the Awards (see Section 8 below) (i) do not qualify as consideration for his/her participation in the Contest and (ii) are attributed within the sole and absolute discretion of the jury.
Application development topicsThe Teams shall develop, within the 24-hour non-stop marathon, an APP relating to the following topics:
- Smart Payments
- Digital Wealth Management
- Smart Branch
- Bridge solutions
- Outside-in banking
- Big financial data
Development PlatformThe APP shall be developed for one of the following platforms:
- web responsive.
The jury – Composition and evaluation procedureThe APPs developed by the Teams during the Contest will be evaluated by a qualified jury composed of:
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. – Innovation Center (president of the jury + 1 member)
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. – International Subsidiary Banks Division (2 members)
- PBZ (2 members)
- VISA (1 member)
- Generali osiguranje d.d. (1 member being vice president of the jury)
- Members proposed by Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A.
Criterion Weight Innovation [30%] User Experience [30%] Graphic Design [5%] Pertinence to the selected subject [20%] Technical aspects [15%]
The winning Teams will be awarded by the jury with cash prizes, as follows:
First place – 75.000 HRK
Second place – 37.000 HRK (cash prize offered by Generali osiguranje d.d.)
Third place – 15.000 HRK (cash prize offered by Visa)
The above mentioned amounts are gross and include all taxes, fees, contributions, charges, costs, customs duties, levies of any nature that are due by the Participants belonging to the winning Team, as well as by the party giving the awards, in accordance with applicable legislation.
The total cash prize awarded to each winning Team will be divided equally amongst all Team members; the cash prizes will be credited within 4 weeks after the awards ceremony (the Organiser may extend this term for technical reasons) to the respective giro bank accounts opened by the winners for such purpose with PBZ. The opening of the mentioned bank accounts and the issuance of the respective cards have to be intended as conditions precedent for the winning Team members to have access to the cash prizes.
Beside the above mentioned prizes and based on the level of performance and cooperation of the winning Teams, PBZ reserves, at its sole discretion, the possibility to eventually attribute the following extra-awards: First Place Team – 1 Co-Creation day at VISA Innovation Center premises in London (U.K), accomodation and travel expenses included. Second Place Team – two tickets for the Finnovate Europe 2018 event that will be held in London.
The awards ceremony will take place on 24 September 2017 at [Lauba, Baruna Filipovića 23a, 10000 Zagreb], with the aim to communicate the names of the winning Teams. During the awards ceremony each of the winning Teams will designate a member (Team leader) who will have a 5 minute session to publicly present the APP.
Intellectual property, copyright, Preemption rights, Liability, PrivacyBy completing the registration phase of Novathon #withPBZ, (and by submitting the paper-based registration personally signed) each applicant expressly:
- Declares that the APP to be designed, created, developed and presented within the Contest will be original and not violate in any way – neither fully, nor partially – third party intellectual or industrial property rights and, in particular, will not violate the Copyright and Related Rights Act.
- Represents that the APP will be designed, created and developed by the respective Team within the Contest, bearing the obligation and the responsibility to safeguard the APP’s intellectual property and copyright through the means offered by the applicable law;
- Agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the Organiser and any company belonging to Intesa Sanpaolo banking group, as well as their employees, officers, directors, representatives, agents and partners from any claims, losses and/or damages arising out of his/her participation in the Contest and/or any related activities, as well as any claims, losses and/or damages arising out in relation to the acceptance and use, misuse or possession of the APP (or any part thereof) and awards;
- Acknowledges and accepts that any publication of the APP made by the Organiser on the Website, on other public websites or social media networks will result in its visibility to the public and that the Organiser will not bear any responsibility in case of use and/or misuse of the APP, of its underlying concept and/or possible development and realization of such underlying concept from anyone who found out about it through public websites and social media networks, and undertakes to hold harmless the Organiser against any claim for damages and/or compensation for whatever right, cause and/or reason;
- Agrees that any statement on and any presentation of any APP or any part thereof designed, created and developed during the Contest qualifies as a presentation/disclosure of such APP to the public by the respective Team/Team member, being understood that the role of PBZ is strictly limited to hosting the Contest. The Organiser shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever for such presentation and for the use by any person, starting with the presentation/disclosure date, of any idea, concept, solution, etc. related to such APP or any part thereof;
- Grants the Organiser the right to disclose to the public (in marketing and promotional materials) the APP, any part thereof and any other materials protected by intellectual property rights and copyright that the Teams presented or used in the Contest and which are recorded in photos and videos taken during the Contest;
- Grants PBZ or any company belonging to Intesa Sanpaolo banking group a preemption right with respect to third parties, on equal terms, in case of possible commercial development of the APP or any part thereof. PBZ or any company belonging to Intesa Sanpaolo banking group will exercise its preemption right within the period mentioned in the relevant Team’s written proposal, which shall in no case be less than 60 days from its receipt. If PBZ or any company belonging to Intesa Sanpaolo banking group does not exercise the preemption right within the given period, the relevant Team will have the right to enter into property rights transfer deeds with third parties based on terms equal to those offered to PBZ or to any company belonging to Intesa Sanpaolo banking group, having no longer any commitment towards them; in any case, it remains understood that the non-observance/breach of such preemption right by the relevant Team gives the right to PBZ or any company belonging to Intesa Sanpaolo banking group to take any legal measures it deems appropriate and to seek indemnification for any and all damages incurred in connection with, or as result of such non-observance/breach.
- Authorises the Organiser to treat his/her personal data (including his identification data filled in the registration form and the photos and videos taken of him during the Contest) for all the purposes relating to the Contest, in accordance with the applicable law.
Privacy and consentsBy registering in Novathon #withPBZ and accepting this Regulation, each applicant grants its consent to the Organiser, on a voluntary basis, to:
- Process his/her personal data provided during the registration phase or during the Contest (including, in particular, the data included in the registration form and the photos and videos taken of him during the Contest), to transmit such data to Katapult and Pragma komunikacije (as Croatian agencies assisting the Organiser in the organisation of the Contest) as well as to Intesa Sanpaolo banking group companies within EU and to use such data for marketing and communication purposes (including, inter alia, the publication thereof on the Website, on the Organiser’s website or in materials, publications and magazines describing or promoting the Contest), for a period of 5 years; and
- Disclose to the public, without any limitation in terms of territory or time (including on the Website, on the Organiser’s/Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A.'s website or in materials, publications and magazines describing or promoting the Contest), any record of or reference to the APP and other materials protected by intellectual property rights and copyright that the Teams presented or used in the Contest and which are recorded in photos and videos taken of him during the Contest; the applicant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant such right to the Organiser.
Final ProvisionsEach applicant acknowledges and agrees that this Regulation are subject to and governed by Croatian law and that any dispute may arise in connection with the Contest and related activities as well as with this Regulation shall be resolved exclusively by Croatian courts. Each applicant expressly agrees: (i) to be bound by this Regulation; (ii) that the decisions of the jury under paragraph 7 above will be final and unquestionable; and (iii) that the Organiser may use the APP developed by the Teams in any advertising materials relating to the Contest and its subsequent editions (if applicable), without compensation to or approval by the relevant Team or relevant Participants.